Thinkers360 Announces Release of 2021 B2B Influencer Marketing Outlook Research
Key findings include holistic metrics over social media metrics, when gauging expertise and measuring ROI, as well as use of specialist communities for disseminating content.
DALLAS (Thinkers360) December 21, 2020
Thinkers360, the world’s premier B2B thought leader and influencer community, today announced the release of it’s 2021 B2B Influencer Marketing Outlook Research Report. The purpose of the research was to better understand current and future trends with regard to B2B influencer marketing content producer and content consumer perspectives and their plans for 2021.
The primary research survey was conducted between November 2nd and December 11th 2020 among Thinkers360 Members as well as among other producers and consumers of B2B influencer marketing content.
Key findings from the study include:
Consumers of B2B Influencer Marketing Content (Current State)
- Aiding Decision Making – 73% see influencer content as either extremely important or very important for “aiding decision making”
- It’s all about Relevance – Relevance (93%), engagement (92%) and impact (92%) are the key attributes of world-class influencer content. *Rated as extremely important or very important attributes of influencer content
- Authors & Entrepreneurs are Natural Influencers – Primary sources of influencer content include authors (45%), entrepreneurs (43%), social media influencers (42%), and speakers (34%)
Producers of B2B Influencer Marketing Content (Current State)
- Today’s Influencers Identify with Multiple Personas – Influencer content producers cited authors (56%), consultants (55%), speakers (50%), entrepreneurs (47%) and social media influencers (45%) as the personas they most identify with
- Focus is Key – Over 70% of B2B influencers typically work with 10 brands or less per year, with just 10% working with more than 20
- Holistic Metrics beat Social Media Metrics – “Holistic metrics (across all content)” were cited by over 2x as many B2B influencers as the most effective measures and metrics, when measuring results and ROI with brands, compared to “social media metrics”
Producers of B2B Influencer Marketing Content (Plans for 2021)
- Leading with Content – Articles & blogs (84%), social media (65%) and speaking (60%) are the primary formats for influencer content production in 2021
- Specialist Communities Are Key – Social media channels (75%) and specialist communities (62%) are the tip of the spear for disseminating influencer content in 2021. *What are the primary outlets for the influencer content you plan to distribute in 2021?
The complete report, including extensive analysis and interpretation, is now available to Thinkers360 members at the Content Plan level and above.
“Connecting global brands and audiences with the world’s foremost thought leaders and influencers on business and technology for game-changing results”
Thinkers360 is an opt-in network of the world’s foremost thought leaders — including academics, analysts, authors, consultants, influencers and speakers — with over 25M followers on social media combined. The company is differentiated by its unique patent-pending algorithms that measure thought leadership and authentic influence looking far beyond social media alone.
Thinkers360’s enterprise services help global brands find and work with thought leaders and influencers as well as showcase their own corporate executives, experts and content among the community to build their own thought leadership profiles and portfolios and “influence the influencers”.
Join us on Thinkers360!
Thinkers360 is an opt-in network of the world’s foremost thought leaders — including academics, analysts, authors, consultants, influencers and speakers — with over 25M followers on social media combined. We are differentiated by our unique patent-pending algorithms that measure thought leadership and authentic influence looking far beyond social media alone.
Individuals: Connect and work with global brands as an author, influencer, speaker and more. Showcase your thought leadership profile and portfolio, build your media kit, and participate in our global leaderboards and opportunity marketplace: Sign-Up (free) | Newsletter
Enterprise (including brands & agencies): For brand, influencer, content marketing and speaker bureau services – working with our network of premier opt-in influencers with 25M+ followers on social media – or to showcase your own corporate executives, thought leaders and content: Request an Enterprise Consultation | Explainer Video | Newsletter
Want to discover and work with authors, influencers and speakers (including access to our unique thought leader reports and analytics, personal introductions, and our zero-transaction fee speaker bureau)? Contact us to discuss any of your thought leadership and B2B influencer marketing needs at email@example.com
For custom influencer lists, advertising and leaderboard sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.