Change Management, Leadership Responsibilities and Enablers
"Organisational change leadership is about effectively and proactively articulating the vision, modelling the new way and intervening to ensure sustainable change”
I first joined the ACMP in 2016 when I was working in Abu Dhabi, UAE, for a Big 4 Consultancy as an Advisory Strategy Execution Director. I got up every morning for three weeks at 05:00 to study and memorise the ACMP’s Standard for Change Management© (“Standard©”). I passed the highly recognised Certified Change Management Professional™ (CCMP™) closed book exam and was one of the first 500 people globally to achieve the designation.
I joined the board of the ACMP UK Chapter as Vice President in 2019, voted into the role by ACMP UK members and I held the position for two years, August 2019 to September 2021. It was a great pleasure to then be voted, by global ACMP members, onto the ACMP Global BoD in September 2021.
I will be presenting to the ACMP East Coast Australia Chapter in November 2021. This will be my fourth time speaking to an ACMP audience. I have previously presented two UK ACMP webinars in April and May 2020 and to a global ACMP audience in July 2021.
I use the Leadership of Change® in my engagements with organisational leaders to prepare them for their change or transformation journey. I have been invited to speak to the ACMP East Coast Australia Chapter on two associated topics:
Three Change Leadership Responsibilities
Change Leadership Enablers:
o Growth Mindset
o Change Leadership Alignment
o Change Leadership Skills and Knowledge
- Change Leadership Responsibilities: Effective and proactive change leadership is essential for successful organisational change. In this topic, Peter will outline the three critical leadership responsibilities to implement successful change: 1. Articulate the change vision, 2. Model the new way and 3. Intervene to ensure sustainable change.
- Change Leadership Enablers:
- Growth Mindset: Growth mindset change leaders see change disruption as an opportunity to improve both their own and the organisation’s capabilities. They help their employees to see the potential to develop new skills and behaviours, so they embrace and adopt the change.
- Change Alignment Leadership: The change question set all leaders should be able to answer: "Do you have a change vision? Are you aligned on your strategic objectives? Are you a high performing team? Does your team have change leadership skills to lead the change or improvement that your organisation is facing?” In this topic, Peter will discuss some of the steps of his change leadership alignment process.
- Change Management Skills and Knowledge: Peter uses change management gamification to develop his client’s change management leadership skills and knowledge in a workshop environment. In this topic, Peter will cover: “What is Change Management Gamification?” and “Why Use Gamification to Learn Change Management?”
ACMP East Coast Australia Pre-Launch event and sign up today
Tuesday 9 November 5.30pm - 6.30pm (AEDT).
Don't miss out and sign up today at https://acmpea.org.au/
Peter consults, speaks, and writes on the Leadership of Change®. For further reading please visit our websites: https://www.a2b.consulting https://www.peterfgallagher.com Amazon.com: Peter F Gallagher: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
Blog Source: https://www.peterfgallagher.com/single-post/acmp-east-coast-australia-nov-2021-peter-f-gallagher-speaking-on-the-leadership-of-change
More on Change Management Leadership: https://www.peterfgallagher.com/vol-4-change-management-leadership
Leadership of Change® Body of Knowledge Volumes: Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBoK) Books: Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, A, B, & C available on both Amazon and Google Play:
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 1 - Change Management Fables
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 2 - Change Management Pocket Guide
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 3 - Change Management Handbook
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 4 - Change Management Leadership
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 5 - Change Management Adoption
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 6 - Change Management Behaviour
~ Leadership of Change® Volume A - Change Management Gamification - Leadership
~ Leadership of Change® Volume B - Change Management Gamification - Adoption
~ Leadership of Change® Volume C - Change Management Gamification - Behaviour
~ Leadership of Change® Volume 7 - Change Management Sponsorship
By Peter F Gallagher
Keywords: Business Strategy, Change Management, Leadership