I recently took part in a podcast with Tony Lockwood from The Transformation Leaders Hub to speak about my change and transformation journey.
“Observing many companies in action, I am unable to point to a single instance in which stunning results were gotten without the active and personal leadership of the upper managers” Joseph M. Juran
Some of the things I talk about:
• Internal verses external Big Four consultant and the importance of trust
• You can’t do 10 or 20 transformations programmes and deliver normal day-to-day operations
• The importance of change leadership alignment and the five key elements:
1. Change History Assessment
2. 1:1 Leadership Interviews
3. Strategic Alignment Workshop
4. Develop High Performing Teams
5. Develop Leadership of Change Capability
• The employee Behaviour Change challenge
• Treating employees with respect during a change journey - future ambassadors of the organisation
• My four-legged stool
• ‘Tell’ verses ‘Sell’ change implementation
• Change management gamification
Key take away: The importance of engaging employees and fantastic communication is very important, but without a strong sponsor supported by the leadership team, you will not delivery sustainable change.
“I have yet to encounter a successful change implementation without an effective and proactive sponsor, backed by an aligned leadership team” ~ Peter F Gallagher
I hope you find this episode informative.
INSIDE TRACK PODCAST #21 was released last week: https://bit.ly/3nljI8j
Note: This article was posted on Peter’s Blog 11th Nov 2020 - https://bit.ly/3n0GeDn
Peter speaks on the leadership of change, change management, change leadership and the benefits of change management gamification. For over 30 years Peter has been helping organisations, leaders and employees change, improve and transform through keynotes, master classes, change management gamification workshops, projects and programmes. You can find out more at: https://www.peterfgallagher.com/speakerservice.
By Peter F Gallagher
Keywords: Leadership, Change Management, Business Strategy