Peggy Smedley, Editorial Director of Connected World and Constructech magazines, host, The Peggy Smedley Show and Constructech TV, managing partner the Peggy Smedley Institute and President of Specialty Publishing Media.
More than 20 years ago Peggy launched one of the most formative media companies in helping businesses to understand how disruptive and innovative technology will help them navigate the flood of digital transformation so they can remain viable and competitive.
As a speaker, strategist, influencer, and futurist, Peggy was imperative in ushering in the M2M/IoT (Internet of Things) era and taking a leading role in guiding companies to grasp how technology will alter their businesses. Today she focuses most of her energy on maneuvering companies through IoT and digital transformation.
She has enjoyed a career as an award-winning journalist with a long history of covering IoT, manufacturing, and construction technology; and in 2008 she even launched her very first podcast.
With more than 650 episodes, The Peggy Smedley Show is now ranked as the No. 1 IoT, AI, and digital transformation podcast airing every Tuesday at 12 pm central.
As an author and tech expert, she has collaborated on eight published books including her own, “Mending Manufacturing: How America Can Manufacture its Survival,” a book detailing all aspects of the American manufacturing crisis.
Each month, she educates the IoT community via Connected World (https://connectedworld.com) and Constructech (https://constructech.com) magazines. Her company has been able to take risks and invest in many areas, making it an innovative tech leader. Building on that success, in 2017 Peggy introduced Constructech TV (www.youtube.com/constructechtv), which digs into infrastructure, drills into global economic conditions, and addresses the talent gap by adopting a new vision and voice for the new skilled worker in construction, all with the help of technology.
In 2016, she launched the Peggy Smedley Institute, a top-ranked professional educational organization to provide comprehensive assessments for clients to focus on products, services, and profits, all while allowing them to stay ahead of their competition.
Peggy has also been recognized by the following organizations, as an industry expert:
• Jan 2020, she was named one of The 5 Best Internet of Things Podcasts You Should Listen To, Solutions ReviewDec 2019, she was name one of 20 IoT Twitter Influencers to Follow in 2020, insight.tech
• Dec 2019, she was name one of the Top Influencers for 2019, Appy Pie
• June 2019, she was named Top IoT Influencers To Follow in 2019, MarkTechPost
• May 2019, she was named one of the 13 IoT Influencers on Twitter, insight.tech
• May 2019, she was named one of 13 IoT Influencers on Twitter, insight.tech
• May 2019, she was name one of the 5g: Top 100 Influencers, Onalytica
• March 2019, she received the Excellence in Journalism Award 2019, ASCE
• March 2019, she was named one of the Biggest Influencers in IT-Consulting, QEMPLOY
• January 2019, she was named a Top Influencers for 2018, Appy Pie
• December 2018, she was named a Top Construction technology YouTube Channels to Follow
• November 2018, she was named a Top IoT Influencer to Follow by R-Style Lab
• October 2018, she was #1 on the Top 100 IoT Blogs and Websites to Follow in 2018, by Feedspot
• October 2018, she was featured as an industry expert in Topcon’s Documentary Series
• August 2018, The Peggy Smedley Show was named Top Picks: IoT Podcast by Momenta
• July 2018, she was named as one of the 18 Marketing Experts Using Data Responsibility to Enhance the Customer Experience by IoT for All
• March 2018, she was named to the 21 Women Making an Impact In Industrial IoT by Temboo
Peggy also serves as an Advisory Board member for Fry Egg and the IFTNEXT (Institute of Food Technology) Think Tank.
Available For: Consulting, Influencing, Speaking
Travels From: Carol Stream, Il.
Speaking Topics: Distruptive Technology, Innovation, Trends, Women in Business
Points based upon Thinkers360 patent-pending algorithm.