Gates is founder & Principal at ITconnecter, a consultancy focused on digital transformation through data, process and CX. ITconnecter applies our IVIS (Investigate, Validate, Implement, Sustain) methodology against these three lenses to help clients understand, advance and outperform across their value chain. Most recently, Gates was director at a leading indirect CSP distributor, working with SMB-centric techsvcs firms (e.g. VARs, MSPs, resellers, etc) to increase efficiencies, revenues & profits by aligning cloud-specific offerings. Prior to this, Gates was at an IoT / AR / MLaaS leader & global top 20 SW company, working w/large global SIs to help enable their sales, marketing & technical teams on IoT (ThingWorx) & digital "transformation journeys.” He has started, grown & managed vertical practices for seven new-tech consulting & integration firms, including CSC and Citigroup-acquired MSPs.
At ITconnecter, Gates works with IT and business (SMB, SME & enterprise) to identify, define and implement digital transformation across data, process and CX.
- Methodologies include VaaS (vendor-management as a service), introducing/managing emerging vendor relationships whose value prop to business and IT is accelerating innovation while decreasing cost and increasing efficiencies or effectiveness.
- Assisting startups in the areas of team, strategy and capital formation (through an informal network of 90+ funding sources, primarily VCs).
- IT innovation research, benchmarking and consulting. Focused on business development with G5000 firms and on marketing/PR with publications.
- Assignments included working with a VC firm in analyzing emerging requirements in B2B, specifically focused on application infrastructure, components and market design.
- Worked with thinktank incubator, focused on internet newco idea generation, including creating, defining and capturing the associated process.
- Founder and/or President of multiple regional seminar series, involving moderated panel discussions of VCs/incubators/seed funding firms and technology product startups.